Its not too late to join.
Please email Sandi Parmentier at
As part of the school's effort to Go Green, there will be no flyers sent home, only e-mail and our webpage, so please make sure we have your correct e-mail address and that you check it or the webpage at least once a week. You may provide as many e-mail addresses as you'd like. Here are the important items to be aware of:
- The girls will come straight to Canning Hall at dismissal. Please make sure you send in a note to your daughter's teacher each week that she is to come to Twirling.
- The cost is $8 per lesson, due the first week of the month. The calendar on our Twirling webpage is posted with any days that we do not have practice. I will also send out a reminder at the beginning of each month with how many practices we will be having so you will have the total due. The Sparklers organization has made a couple of changes regarding check payments this year. They are not accepting checks under $21 (3 weeks), it must be cash. For checks $21 and over, your phone # must be on the check, along with the twirlers name. If you pay with cash, please put it in an envelope with your child's name on it & what dates you are paying. Because of problems in the past the Sparklers Board of Directors has instituted a fine system for coaches that allow Twirlers to be past due more than two weeks. Therefore, this year, our coaches will be providing me a list of people who have not paid after the first week and I will be sending out reminder e-mails. You may pay more than one month at a time if it is easier for you.
- Our principal, Mrs. Pymm, was gracious enough to approve continuing what we've done the last few years - the Twirling girls are allowed to wear their gym uniforms on the day they twirl even if it isn't their regular gym day. This will eliminate the need for 30 girls to change before practice can begin. The only exception to this is if it is a day that the students will be attending church. I will send out reminders for any day where this will be the case. Pre-School girls should wear comfortable clothing and sneakers.
- If for any reason practice is not happening on a particular date, I will let everyone know well in advance.
- The Sparklers perform at Sparkler Rating day, which will be the end of January / beginning of February (exact date to be announced). This will be the routine they learn starting the week of 9/29. Then, they will begin to learn a new routine in February for the June Recital. The recital is held at Saint Josephs College in Patchogue. This will be one of the middle weekends in June. Again, as soon as we have the exact date it will be, we will let you know. There is a raffle fundraiser that pays for your costume for this recital. The raffles will be distributed in October.
- If your child needs to go to Aftercare from Twirling, please send it a note letting us know that. If it will be an every week occurrence one note stating it is for the entire year is fine.
- Due to the security protocols instituted at the school that limit access to the building, Twirling will be dismissing from the West Entrance Vestibule. When practice is done, the girls will get their backpacks, coats, etc and the coaches will bring them to the vestibule and dismiss them to their parent. If someone other than a parent is picking them up, you must send in a note stating the persons name. The person must be over 18.
If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact me at