Riding in a district transportation vehicle is a privilege offered to students who reside within the district. All students being transported are under the authority of the bus driver and must obey his or her requests. Procedures and safety rules help ensure the safety and protection of each student. Failure to meet these standards, or follow these safety rules and procedures may result in student injuries or cause delays or distractions to the driver.
- Arrive at the stop on time. Remain out of the street and do not create an annoyance for the owner of the property where the stop is located.
- Board carefully; be courteous; move quickly to your assigned seat.
- Remain seated during the ride to and from school. Never extend arms, hands, heads or objects through bus windows. Standing, crawling, or moving from seat to seat is not allowed.
- Respect the rights of other students. Do not violate their space, nor physically or emotionally harm them.
- Never throw anything while on the bus.
- Speak in normal tones without using loud or vulgar language.
- No food and/or drink is allowed.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Vandalism of any kind is unacceptable, and parents may be required to make restitution.
- Remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop.
If students choose not to comply with these procedures:
- First offense: A Bus Report will be sent home to parents
- Second offense: Parents will be called
- Third offense: Student will be suspended from the bus for a period of time to be determined by the severity of the infraction.
- Fourth offense: Student will be suspended from the bus for the remainder of the school year.
Created on 4/12/2011 - Last updated on 10/11/2013